Our Tutors are available!
My name is Victoria Blades. I’m a sophomore at Pittsburg High School. I speak fluently in both Spanish and English. I have a 4.0 GPA and my favorite subjects include English and Science.
- 10 grade
- Favorite subjectsLanguage Arts, Science.
- I’ve been in PUSD since elementary school. I can speak Spanish and English fluently. Hobbies are playing volleyball, reading, greek mythology, playing my clarinet and baking. GPA 4.0. A good teacher I had was Mr. Marcus because he was very diverse and inclusive with his teaching. I want to tutor with STS Academy to help students that are struggling and need extra help. I understand that with online school it can be difficult to learn when some students learn best with material physically in front of them.This will be my first year tutoring with STS Academy. When I’m done with school I’m considering studying Marine Biology.)
My name is Kalani Dunn. I’m a senior at Pittsburg High School. I have a 4.2 GPA. I speak English and my favorite subject is English.
- 12th grade, Favorite Subject: English
- This is my 13th and final year in PUSD 🙂
- My hobbies are reading, writing, and gardening
- 4.2 GPA
- A rolemodel for me in school was my Writing Class teacher from a program I did at UC Berkeley.
- I want to tutor again for STS Academy because I had such a great experience working with elementary students during my freshman and sophomore years.
- I’ve tutored with STS for 2 years (would’ve been 3 if Coronavirus didn’t cut my junior year short.
- I don’t really know yet, but I’m currently applying to college as a Sociology major.
My name is Yasmin Gruela. I’m a senior at Pittsburg High School. I speak English. I have a 4.0 GPA and my favorite subject is Math.
- 12th grade, Math.
- I’ve been in PUSD since I was in Preschool. English. Listening to music, Netflix, going on hikes, and going on adventures ( before COVID-19 and if I’m able to). 4.0 (just my 3 classes I’m taking this quarter). My parents were good role models and tutors while I was in school. I wanted to be a tutor for STS Academy so I can help my peers with understanding school materials. Also I needed community service hours for school. I’ve been tutoring for STS for 3 years now. I tutored my freshman year, sophomore year, and now my senior year. I plan on being a physical therapist once I am done with school.)
My name is Vanessa Sida. I’m a senior at Pittsburg High School. I speak English as well as basic Spanish and Italian. I have a 4.2 GPA and my favorite subject is Math.
Hi! My name is Vanessa Sida and I am a senior at Pittsburg High School. I have been in the Pittsburg Unified School District since third grade, attending Heights Elementary and Rancho Medanos Jr. High School. I hold a 4.2 grade point average, I speak a little bit of Spanish and Italian and some of my interests outside of school include swimming for fun and playing with my dog. In school, I participated in multiple clubs, freshman volleyball, the PHS marching show flags, and most importantly, tutoring. This will be my second year of tutoring math, my absolute favorite subject in school. I have always enjoyed every form of math and every time I see a student struggling, I always offer to help because I love easing other people’s difficulties. Being a part of someone’s success is utterly beautiful and I hope I will continue to inspire others in my future.
Hello my name is Monica Flores Tapia. I’m a senior at Pittsburg High School. I can speak fluently in both English and Spanish. I have a 4.0 GPA and my favorite subjects are Math and Science.
I’m a senior this year. I’ve been in the PUSD since the second grade. I can speak English and Spanish. My interests are reading, listening to music, and looking for new hobbies. My current G.P.A. is 4.0. At first the reason I tutored was because of my community hours but later I started to like helping and talking to new people as time went on. I’ve been tutoring with STS Academy for two years. When I’m done with school I plan going into a 4 year UC to pursue in the medical field.”
My name is Kiara Santos. I’m a sophomore at Pittsburg High School. I speak fluently in both English and Korean. I have a 4.0 GPA and my favorite subject is English.
- 10th grade
- Favorite Subject: English. 1 year.
- I speak English and Korean. Basketball, singing, playing ukulele. 4.0. My 4-6th grade English teacher, Mrs. Hummel. She encouraged and inspired me to do well and think creatively in English. I want to tutor with STS academy because I know how it feels to think that no one can help you, but also being scared of talking to an adult. I want to help other kids/ students with my skills. It is my second year tutoring with STS Academy. I plan on doing something in the medical or teaching field.)
My name is Denise Lomeli. I’m a senior at Pittsburg High School. I speak fluently in both Spanish and English. I have a 3.8 GPA and my favorite subjects include Science and History.
I am a Senior from Pittsburg High School which means I’m in 12th grade yay! I have a current GPA of 3.8. After 7 years in the Pittsburg Unified School district as a former cougar from Rancho Medanos Jr. High and presently a Pittsburg pirate. I have taken many,many classes, I have a particular 2 that are my favorites simply because they are so interesting and fun! That is biology which is science and history. I can speak both english and spanish since my family is hispanic. And when I get home from school, I love to bake cakes, paint canvases and I love to read so much! A great teacher of mine in high school is Mr. Aderinto, who was my 9th grade algebra teacher, he is so kind and encourages me to push harder in my classes. I want to tutor for STS academy because I know what it is like to struggle in class with no one to turn to for help, so I believe being a tutor will help someone who is in a similar situation. This is my first year of tutoring but I am tutoring in subjects that I have taken AP classes in and subjects that I have so much fun doing knowing I am good at it.
Fun fact: I love animals. Dogs especially. I have 3 chihuahuas. Cookie, Toby and Chiquita. And ever since I was little I always have wanted to be a veterinarian so I can pursue my love for animals to do good for them. That is the career I am planning to pursue in college!)
My name is Kathryn Jackson. I’m a freshman at Pittsburg High School. I speak English. I have a 4.0 GPA and I enjoy all subjects..
(Kathryn Jackson. 9th grade. I enjoy all subjects. I have been in PUSD for 7 years(counting this year). I can only Speak English. My interests and hobbies outside of school are exploring new things and listening to music. My current GPA is a 4.0. Two good teachers I had coming up in school were my history teacher and AVID teacher. I want to tutor with the STS academy because I enjoy tutoring and have a little experience. This is my first year tutoring with the STS academy. I plan on going after the Medical and Law profession when I am done with school.)
My name is Nataly Hawke. I’m a senior at Pittsburg High School. I speak fluently in both Spanish and English. I have a 3.78 GPA and my favorite subjects include Chemistry and History.
(Hi, My name is Nataly Hawke. Currently, I am a senior at Pittsburg High School and my favorite subjects are history and chemistry. I’ve been in the PUSD for all my years of schooling so far, going from Highlands Elementary, to Martin Luther King Jr. JHS, to Pittsburg High School. I can only speak English, but I have started to learn Spanish on the side. I am the president of the Chemistry Club for the 2020-21 school year and one of my favorite hobbies is watching foreign shows or films. My cumulative GPA is 3.78 weighted and 3.56 unweighted, and I tend to do better in math, science, and history classes. I want to tutor with the STS Academy because I want to be able to help other students succeed in school while actually learning the material. This is only my first year being a tutor, but I have received help from Teens 2 Teach tutors in the past. After high school, I plan to go to a four year university to study either chemistry or nursing so that I can become a pediatric nurse or a forensic chemist.)
My name is Jesus Camaguey Garibo. I’m a senior at Pittsburg High School. I can speak English and know basic Spanish. I have a 4.0 GPA and my favorite subject is Math.
(Jesus Camaguey Garibo. I am a 12th grader (senior) and my favorite subject is Math. I have been in the PUSD all of my learning career (13 years). I can speak English and I am improving my Spanish everyday
After school I like to research classic or japanese cars. My current GPA is a 4.0. I had my sister who is now a Berkely student push me to do my best. I understand having someone in your house that can help you with your hw is luxury so I try to be that person at school. This is my second year tutoring with STS Academy. I plan to become a Critical Care Nurse when I am done with school.)
My name is Marlen Alvarenga. I’m a sophomore at Pittsburg High School. I speak fluently in both Spanish and English. I have a 3.98 GPA and my favorite subjects include Math and History.
(I’m Marlen Alvarenga, I’m in 10th grade and my favorite subject is Math and History. Iv’e been a PUSD student for about two years. I come from a spanish speaking house-hold, so I know how to speak both Spanish and English. I like doing art and baking as a personal hobbie. My current GPA is 3.98. A role model for me in school was my Algebra 1 teacher, Ms. Pease. She really boosted my confidence in math and pushed me a little in school just so I can be successful in school. It would be my first year being a tutor for STS Academy, the reason why I became a tutor for STS Academy is because I like helping and sharing my knowledge with other people so they can succeed as well. A profession I’m really looking into after high school is an Architect or an Art Therapist.)
My name is Stephanie Caudillo. I’m a junior at Pittsburg High School. I speak fluently in both English and Spanish. I have a 4.1 GPA and my favorite subject is Math.
(Stephanie Caudillo. I am in the 11th grade and my favorite subject is math. I’ve been in PUSD since kindergarten. I speak english and spanish. Two of my interests are tennis and drawing. My current g.p.a. is a 4.1. A good teacher I had in school was my 9th and 10th grade english teacher, Ms. Wagner. I want to give back to my community by helping kids who are struggling in school. This is my first year tutoring. The profession that I plan on going into is veterinary medicine.)